Art Week Des Moines returns June 17 – June 23 in neighborhoods across Des Moines!
This year the program will concentrate activities and attention through neighborhood activations. The Avenues of Ingersoll & Grand is slated to kick-off Art Week on Friday, June 17. For the full schedule click here.
Art Week events will be held in traditional and non-traditional art spaces along Ingersoll Avenue including restaurants, outdoor patios, sidewalks and galleries. Return to this post for the most up-to-date information and details.
Friday, June 17: Art Week on The Avenues
- Artists on Art Tour: Experience the Des Moines Art Center’s permanent collection through the minds of area artists. This tour at 6 p.m. on June 17 will be led by Cameron Gray, Jill Wells, and Jim White. You’ll see modern and contemporary art in a whole new light! Find more details on the Des Moines Art Center’s website here.
- A Feast For Your Eyes: Be on the lookout for special food and drink collaborations at your favorite Ingersoll bars and restaurants on June 17. Local artists will be pairing up with the chefs and mixologists at Lucky Lotus, Cheese Bar, The Bartenders’ Handshake, Harbinger and Lachele’s to create one-of-a-kind, art-inspired food and drinks.
- ILK HAUS presents SMÖRGÅSBORD: Bring your own chair and gather in the parking lot of Renovation Jungle (607 37th) on June 17 (time to be determined) to attend a free, unique event featuring local poets/writers, musicians and improv comedians. Learn more: www.ilkhaus.org
- Allen Juneau at City Sounds piano: Stroll by the City Sounds piano located in front of Ted’s Coney Island (3020 Ingersoll) between 4–6 p.m. to hear contemporary tunes played by local musician Allen Juneau.
- Art on Ingersoll Open House: Visit ART on Ingersoll (2925 Ingersoll) for an open house gallery night on June 17 (time to be determined) featuring local art that evokes happiness and positivity, plus wine, cheese and community.