Job Title: Content Marketing & Special Events Assistant
The Avenues of Ingersoll & Grand, a nonprofit that provides economic development, marketing & promotion, maintenance and beautification of a commercial, cultural and residential district within the historical heart of Des Moines. This internship will support the promotion and marketing efforts of the district.
About the position: The Content Marketing & Special Events Assistant will gain hands-on experience managing social media and marketing campaigns and assisting with large-scale events. The person who applies for this internship should be eager and enthusiastic to promote this special district in Des Moines and build relationships with its stakeholders. Bring your writing skills, marketing abilities, creative design talents, relationship building qualities, along with media savvy! This position will be trusted with a wide range of responsibilities and, therefore, applicants should be organized, self-directed and be able to manage multiple projects at a time. Some minor administrative tasks may also be required. This is a great opportunity to meet and work with many professionals who are making Des Moines a better place to live, work and play!
Hours: 10 hours per week from mid-February through May 2o23, then 20 hours per week through the end of August. Schedule to be determined by manager and employee.
Reports to: Executive Director and The Avenues Board of Directors
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create content and execute social media strategy (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) that is relevant to key stakeholders and consistent with brand voice, style and tone. Understand and implement best practices for each platform.
- Write and design e-newsletters using Mailchimp and utilizing brand templates.
- Collecting metrics from website (Google Analytics) and social media platforms
- Write and post multiple blog posts per month to website highlighting news within the district. Understand SEO principles and WordPress platform.
- Serve as Event Assistant for Ingersoll LIVE on August 26, 2023. Duties include volunteer recruitment and management, serving as a point of contact for vendors and performers, and assisting with donor relations.
- Build relationships with local business owners, donors, vendors, performers and media partners in the days, weeks and months leading up to the event.
- Design collateral materials for Ingersoll LIVE event, including social media graphics, multiple types of print signage/banners, posters and other items.
- Assist with other special events within the district, as assigned.
Skills & Specifications:
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in a relevant area of study (marketing, communications, design, public relations, non-profit, event management, etc.)
- Experience creating content and strategy for paid, owned and earned communication methods and social media platforms
- Graphic design experience in both print and digital platforms is preferred
- Relevant computer skills or desire to learn (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Google Analytics, Google Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp)
- Project management skills, resourceful and self-starting attitude
- Knowledge of AP writing style and excellent communication skills
Send your resume and cover letter by December 16, 2022 to:
Lauren Kollauf, Executive Director
The Avenues of Ingersoll & Grand